Sunday 10 February 2013

Analysis

I see a poster, rather an advertisement of a cereals “Special K” by Kellogg's. A big image of women which is standing in the underwear is attracting people’s attention. Firstly, I paid my attention on the picture of women, and only then started to read an advertisement.
The ad speaks about an attractive way to lose weight. It consist of a picture and a motto, which looks very encouraging and interesting. Everything is written clearly, and the whole contrast is also selected very properly. Also there is a data, when products have been completed.
As for the structure, it is easy to notice the domination of the women on the poster. Undoubtedly, text and the picture are selected very harmoniously; there are no excesses, just the main information to inform the reader, and the picture, to attract his attention. The result of combination of two very incompatible concepts, like cereal and women in the underwear is quite simple - it will works independently of whether you are a woman or a man. The idea of comparing two completely different things looks very smart and appropriate. But we have to pay attention to a very important detail, that makes whole ad very ambiguous, the phrase – "Be a Loser" provokes the reader also as women in the underwear. This device plays here a role of a great provoker; it induces the reader to find out why and for what this word is written here. However, the true value of this word here was picked up greatly. "Loser" is not for a person, who lose the game or don't have a power, it's for a person, who try to lose the weight.
Analyzing this poster I have discovered for myself that the key for successful advertisement is to compare two different things, even if they aren’t connected with each other. Of course, to find original and unique duo, requires a great skill. Originally, I thought that this kind of idea can be useful but now I’m convinced that it is not only appropriate, but also very effective.
As I said in the previous paragraphs, my reaction on this advertisement is very positive - I liked the main idea and the execution was also on the high level, but I think, the motto should be bigger and needs to be written with different color than the text in the whole advertisement. In my opinion, people have to see the motto instantly, because it makes a large part of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment